Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Get Acquainted With His Voice

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me (Revelation 3:20).




The Lord Jesus said, "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me"(John 10:27). It means if you belong to Christ, you must become acquainted with His Word because that's how you recognize His voice. Through constant meditation on His Word, His voice becomes clearer to you, and His blessings become manifest in all you do. Joshua 1:8 says, "This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou may observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success"


To experience true success and live an excellent life you must be acquainted with the Word. If you keep hearing and receiving God's Word, that's what will come out of you each time you speak, because out of the abundance of your heart, the mouth speaks (Matthew 12:34). Your words will inspire and not discourage; because you've become acquainted with the voice of your heavenly Father and have learnt to communicate at His level. If you store God's Word in your heart's treasury you'll always speak the right words that'll minister grace to your hearers.


Decide to love and not hate; decide to build and not destroy. Decide to lift and not deflate; decide to bless and not criticise.




Prayer 
Thank you Father for teaching me to be attuned to your voice by paying heed to your Word. My heart is ready to receive and be transformed by the ministry of your Word today. I give myself wholly to the Word, to instruct my reins and guide my path, as I observe to do what it says, in Jesus' Name. Amen.



Rhapsody of Realities   July 21, 2012
--Pastor  Anita Oyakhilome



No comments:

Post a Comment