Monday, April 9, 2012

Be Conscious Of God's Presence

...be sure of this---I am with you always, even to the end of the world (Matthew 28:20 TLB).




When you're conscious of God's divine presence with you, your life will be an unending stream of the miraculous. Dr Daisy Osborn used to say, "Practise the presence of Jesus,"  and I urge you to do the same. Practicing the presence of God means living your life with the consciousness that God lives in you, and He's also with you. Thus statements as, "I'm so lonely and alone in this world; there's nobody to help me" should be completely banished from your life. Rather, you say, "the Lord is with me always."


When Jesus said, "...lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world" (Matthew 28:20), He wasn't kidding. It makes no difference whether or not you "feel" He's close; He is right there with you and in you! Don't allow your mind to think thoughts of loneliness and weakness; look in the mirror and tell yourself, "God is with me, and He lives in me!"


You must begin to think, talk, and function as though God is with you, because He is! Talk to Him often. Relate with Him like a real Person who can hear and appreciate your concerns. When you're conscious of His presence this way, you wouldn't recognize the absence of others or the challenges and adversaries you face. It's something you must practise consciously, especially when you're alone. 


If you can be bold in the presence of God when you're alone, you'll win when come out of your closet. That will be the end of all struggles. Fear, worry, anxiety, doubt and stress will be gone from your life for good. He'll lead, guide, protect and strengthen you. As He said to Joshua, He says to you today, "Yes, be bold and strong! Banish fear and doubt! For remember, the Lord your God is with you wherever you go" (Joshua 1:9).






PRAYER
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for your presence with me, and because I know you're with me, I don't fear, fret or despair. You're more than able to perfect what concerns me today and always, in Jesus' Name. Amen!



Rhapsody of Realities    February, 1, 2008
-Pastor Chris Oyakhilome




Trelan's notes:
I just picked though my old rhapsodies and found this. Amazing how the same Spirit speaks one truth through multiple people. I seen it over and over... I wrote a similar article "Acknowledge The Holy Spirit as a Person".
I love God and His Holy Spirit

No comments:

Post a Comment