Monday, November 21, 2011

Talk Your Spirit Up!

 Hey, look what I found! 


If our minds are ruled by our desires, we will die. But if our minds are ruled by the Spirit, we will have life and peace (Romans 8:6 CEV).

The activities that take place in a man’s spirit are mostly what govern his life. Whether or not you’re going to be successful in life depends on what happens in your spirit, for out of your spirit are the issues of life (Proverbs 4:23). As you navigate your way through life, it’s important that you train your spirit with the Word to be a sure guide.

Negative thoughts and ideas (thoughts of failure, weakness, wickedness, sickness and sin) may come to your mind, but as long as the Word of God is stored in your heart richly, you’ll be able to bring into captivity every thought to the obedience of the Word (2 Corinthians 10:5). One way to achieve this is by meditation. Through meditation you talk your spirit up, while drowning the negative voices around you.

When I first learnt to do this as a young lad many years ago, I’d sometimes get into my dad’s car, in the garage, just so I could be alone in a quiet place and there talk my spirit up. You need to do this from time to time. You need to lock yourself away in a private place so as not to disturb others and then shout the Word until you completely drown every negative thought of fear, unbelief or failure. As you do this, the Word will gain the mastery over your mind, and your spirit will have the controlling influence.

To live the ever-glorious life in Christ continually, you have to learn to talk your spirit up, and that way dispel negative thoughts from your consciousness. As you shout the devil and your mind down, your spirit will gain the mastery.

PRAYER
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for giving me the opportunity to receive your Word into my spirit for it to affect my body and influence my mind! Your Word is imparting wisdom to my spirit and renewing my mind to think at your level; thoughts that are consistent with your eternal purpose and will for my life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.



 Rhapsody of Realities     August 1, 2011
-Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

No comments:

Post a Comment