Thursday, January 13, 2011

Rid Your Heart Of Fear!

Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident (Psalm 27:3)

Fear is a tormenting spirit. It's one of the most easily deployed tools of satan-our adversary. This is the reason you must rid your heart of fear. The reflexes of fear must be completely disabled from your life; you have to grow to that point. I love it each time I fear Pastor Chris say "I lost my fright many years ago." Same here! There's no fear in me because I'm conscious and full of the love of God, and perfect love eliminates fear (1 John 4:18).

Fear creates the perfect environment for the devil to torment, intimidate and dominates people's lives. Never yeild your heart to fear, or give it room in your life. Knowing how much fear can dissipate ones faith, each time the Lord sent an angel to bring a divine message to people back in bible days, the angel's first utterance was "Fear not!"

The Lord Jesus, during His earth walk also consciously assuaged the fears of people with those same words. On a certain occasion, He was with a man name Jairus, whose daughter was ill. But while on the way to Jairus' house to heal the young girl, words came that she was dead. When Jesus heard it, all He said was
"Fear not: believe only, and she shall be made whole"(Luke 8:50). Jesus has to quickly counsel him to rid his heart of fear to stop fear from dominating his heart (Luke 8:49-50).

To completely rid your heart of fear you must keep feeding your spirit with the Word. The day-to-day meditation on the Word will cause faith to rise in your spirit and surmount all your fears. Refuse to allow the wrong information that breeds fear in your spirit. The information you allow in your mind will determine the condition of your heart(spirit). For this reason, you must guard your heart with vigilance and dilligence "...for out of it flow the springs of life" (Proverbs 4:23 AMP).

God has given us a powerful weapon to cast out fear. That weapon is His Word. The Bible says, "For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword... "(Hebrews 4:12)


Prayer
Dear Father, I commend myself to your living and eternal Word today, which is able to rid my heart of fear and cause faith to rise in me like a giant. I declare that I'm growing in the knowlege of your Word and the revelation of your love, therefore fear has no place in me! I have the spirit of power, love and a sound mind, in the Name of the Lord Jesus. Amen



Rhapsody of Realities - June 26, 2009
--Pastor Anita Oyakhilome

No comments:

Post a Comment