Saturday, January 22, 2011

DO SOMETHING!

Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give him that needeth (Ephesians 4:28)

As a child of God, the Bible says whatsoever you do shall prosper (Psalm 1:3). Never be idle. Refuse to be jobless. If you don't have a job, make one. Find something you're good at; something that's good for God and good for people, and start doing it. Refuse to let your mind go to sleep. Don't loaf about like a hobo. Look inwards for creative ideas.

Someone may say, "I've searched for jobs everywhere, for ten years, to no avail; I'm getting frustrated." My question to you is "What can you do?" There must be something you're good at, find it and do it. Pastor Chris teaches that the first requirement for success is looking out for a human need, and then reaching out to meet that need. So don't wait for someone to give you a job, make one! Before long, if you're diligent, what you started will grow and you'll be employing others.

Stop waiting; do something. Take a step of faith. When Jesus ministered to the sick, He always had them do something. He made them take a step of faith. To the fellow that was paralyzed and couldn't walk He said "Get up, take your bed and go home" (Mark 2:11). To the man who couldn't stretch forth his hand, He said "Stretch forth thine hand"; and when he did, his withered arm recieved strength and was restored (Mark 3:5).

So you see that God requires an effort on your part; He needs a point of contact for your miracle. Once you put in an effort; especially into that which He has inspired you to do, His miracle-power comes upon your efforts and His glory is revealed in what you do. The effort you put in becomes strengthened by His mighty hand. That's what's important-when God's touch comes upon your life, and His glory is revealed in what you do.

How did Joseph, a prisoner, end up as the Prime Minister of Egypt, next only to the Pharaoh? He did something. He used his gifts to serve others and God promoted him, and Joseph became the Prime Minister of Egypt. Search yourself; dig deep within you and discover the treasure and talents that you have. Put them to work and the annointing of the Lord will cause them to produce and multiply.



CONFESSION
I refuse to let my mind go to sleep! I'm bringing forth good things today from within me! For I know i have treasures in me with which to bless my world. Lord, I thank you for opening my eyes to know what I can do to impact my world for you. Amen.


Rhapsody of Realities November 9, 2010
-Pastor Anita Oyakhilome

No comments:

Post a Comment